Halifax Service Canada Centre and Passport Services
Service changes due to COVID-19
Ask us to help you with the following programs by using eServiceCanada service request form:
• Employment Insurance (EI)
• Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Old Age Security (OAS), Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) benefits
• Social Insurance Numbers (SIN)
• immediate request for a Passport Service
• Veterans Affairs Canada Services
We will call you back within 2 business days.
Do not come to a Service Canada Centre if you:
•Have any COVID-19 related symptoms such as fever, cough or difficulty breathing
•Have had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
•Are required to self-isolate or quarantine by public health authorities
Please follow public health advice. Anyone not following public health advice trying to enter the office may be reported to local public health authorities. For more information, visit Canada.ca/covid19.
Service Canada promotes a scent reduced work environment and encourages the limited use of scented products in our offices.
Read important public announcement regarding this site. Find out more.
|Hours of service||
Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
|Language of Service||English, French|
|Available Public Phone||No|
|Available Public Fax||No|
|Payment Type Accepted||Master Card, Visa, American Express, Debit Card, Cheque|
• This site offers passport services by appointment only for those travelling in 25 business days or less with a proof of travel or need. Please make a request for an appointment by filling out the service request form.
• If you are travelling in more than 25 business days, please mail in your application.
• If you are travelling in the next two days, please contact the Passport Call Centre at 1-800-567-6868, to book your appointment.
• You can visit Canadian passports to learn more and find out how to apply.
Visit the Service Canada website for the latest updates.
Service Canada programs and services are available online at Service Canada or by telephone at: 1 800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232) - TTY: 1-800-926-9105
Please send your paper record of employment (ROE), or other documents to the appropriate Employment Insurance processing centre. Go to the EI Contact information - Individuals page for the mailing address serving your area.
This office offers Video Remote Interpretation (VRI) services to support users of Sign language. VRI services can be accessed on-demand in American Sign Language (ASL) and Langue des signes québécoise (LSQ).
Biometrics collection service is offered at this Service Canada Centre. You must schedule an appointment for Biometric services by visiting www.canada.ca/service-canada-appointment.
|Direct Phone Services|
|Service||Regular Line||Toll Free|
|CPP/OAS||1 800 277-9914|
|Record of Employment - Services for Employers: Orders, Information and Record of Employment on the Web (ROE Web)||1 800 367-5693|
|Social Insurance Number (SIN) Program||1 866 274-6627|
|Telephone Information Service (Employment Insurance)||1 800 206-7218|
|Telephone Reporting Service (Employment Insurance)||1 800 531-7555|
|Direct TTY Services|
|Service||Regular Line||Toll Free|
|Employment Insurance Program||1 800 529-3742|
|Income Security Program||1 800 255-4786|
|Record of Employment - Services for Employers: Orders, Information and Record of Employment on the Web (ROE Web)||1 855 881-9874|
- All Canadians
- Citizenship and Immigration
- Employers and Organizations
- Families and Children
- Labour and Workplace Information
- Newcomers to Canada
- People with Disabilities
- Youth and Students