Halifax Service Canada Centre and Passport Services
You can use eServiceCanada to:
- request a call back about one of our programs by completing a Service Request Form;
- book an appointment for passport or biometrics services; or
- apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN) online.
Do not come to a Service Canada Centre if you:
- are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (even if mild);
- have tested positive on a PCR or rapid test, been presumed positive for COVID-19 in the past 7 days; or
- have been instructed by public health authorities or a health care provider to quarantine or isolate for any reason.
Face masks required in-person
Service Canada is a federal service provider. As such, we continue to ask all clients and visitors to wear a face mask. This applies even in areas where provincial or territorial requirements differ.
Scent reduced environment
Service Canada promotes a scent reduced work environment and encourages the limited use of scented products in our offices.
Read important public announcement regarding this site. Find out more.
Estimated wait time - updated every business day at 9:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m. (local time).
(Last updated: )
- This site offers passport services for those travelling beyond the next 45 business days. No proof of travel or need is required.
- Appointments are recommended as walk-in service is offered only if capacity allows. To book your appointment online, go to eServiceCanada.
- If you are travelling within the next two business days, please visit a specialized passport site (Service Canada Centre – Passport Service) offering urgent pick-up services. A proof of travel or need is required.
- You can visit Canadian passports to learn more and find out how to apply.
- Visit the Service Canada website for the latest updates.
Service Canada programs and services are available online at Service Canada or by telephone at: 1 800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232) - TTY: 1-800-926-9105
Please send your paper record of employment (ROE), or other documents to the appropriate Employment Insurance processing centre. Go to the EI Contact information - Individuals page for the mailing address serving your area.
This office offers Video Remote Interpretation (VRI) services to support users of Sign language. VRI services can be accessed on-demand in American Sign Language (ASL) and Langue des signes québécoise (LSQ).
Biometrics collection service is offered at this Service Canada Centre. You must schedule an appointment for Biometric services by visiting eServiceCanada.