Employment Insurance Regular Benefits
Did you know?
You can try out the new Job Alerts service from Working in Canada. By subscribing, jobs that match your criteria will be emailed to you twice daily!
Employment Insurance (EI) provides Regular Benefits to individuals who lose their jobs through no fault of their own (for example, due to shortage of work, seasonal or mass lay-offs) and are available for and able to work, but can't find a job.
Delivered by: Service Canada on behalf of Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- How do I apply?
- What information/documents do I need to apply?
- What is the status of my application?
- How do I apply for Employment Insurance online?
- What Employment Insurance forms can I view and print?
- How much will I get?
- When will I start to receive EI benefits?
- For how long will I receive benefits?
- How do I change my address or direct deposit information?
- Am I allowed to leave Canada while receiving regular benefits?
- How do I make a repayment to the EI program?
- Where can I find information on EI program legislation, research and reports?
- What can I do if I do not agree with an EI decision?
- Self-employed health care worker - Compassionate care benefits
- Self-employed agricultural workers - Various special benefit
- Date modified: