Canada Summer Jobs 2013
“Creating jobs, strengthening communities”
Canada Summer Jobs is a Government of Canada initiative that provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities, while helping both students and their communities.
About Canada Summer Jobs 2013
Canada Summer Jobs:
- provides work experiences for students;
- supports organizations, including those that provide important community services; and
- recognizes that local circumstances, community needs and priorities vary widely.
Canada Summer Jobs provides funding to not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers and small businesses with 50 or fewer employees to create summer job opportunities for young people aged 15 to 30 years who are full-time students intending to return to their studies in the next school year.
The application period for Canada Summer Jobs 2013 is now closed. The deadline for applications was February 28, 2013; applications received or postmarked after the closing date will not be assessed.
Applications are now being assessed and employers will be notified of the decision regarding their application in May 2013.
The criteria to assess the proposals focus on:
- service to local communities;
- jobs that support local priorities;
- jobs that provide career-related experience or early work experience;
- jobs with a salary that contributes to the student’s income;
- employers who provide supervision and mentoring;
- project activities that are directed toward members of, and support the vitality of, an official language minority community; and
- employers who intend to hire priority students (students with disabilities, Aboriginal students and students who are members of visible minority groups).
Where to find more information
- Click on Frequently Asked Questions
- Call 1-800-935-5555 (TTY: 1-800-926-9105)
- Visit your local Service Canada Centre
Next year, the dates for accepting applications for Canada Summer Jobs will be different. These new dates will allow employers to be notified of their application status earlier. For more information, please visit this website in the spring.
- Date modified: