Employment Insurance Compassionate Care Benefits
Employment Insurance (EI) provides Compassionate Care Benefits to persons who have to be away from work temporarily to provide care or support to a family member who is gravely ill with a significant risk of death.
Delivered by: Service Canada on behalf of Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Am I eligible?
- How do I get benefits if I'm a self-employed person?
- Who is considered a family member?
- Do I qualify for other Government of Canada benefits?
- How do I apply?
- What information/documents do I need to apply?
- What is the status of my application?
- How do I apply for Employment Insurance online?
- What Employment Insurance forms can I view and print?
- How much will I receive?
- When will I receive my payment?
- How long can I receive Compassionate Care Benefits?
- How do I change my address or direct deposit information?
- Can I receive my benefit outside Canada?
- How do I make a repayment to the EI program?
- Where can I find information on EI program legislation, research and reports?
- What can I do if I do not agree with an EI decision?
How will I know if I qualify for EI Compassionate Benefits for self-employed people?
- Self-employed health care worker - Compassionate care benefits
- Self-employed agricultural workers - Various special benefit
- Date modified: