Mississauga Service Canada Centre - Passport Services
You can use eServiceCanada to:
- request a call back about one of our programs by completing a Service Request Form;
- book an appointment for passport or biometrics services; or
- apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN) online.
Do not come to a Service Canada Centre if you:
- are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19 (even if mild);
- have tested positive on a PCR or rapid test, been presumed positive for COVID-19 in the past 7 days; or
- have been instructed by public health authorities or a health care provider to quarantine or isolate for any reason.
Face masks required in-person
Service Canada is a federal service provider. As such, we continue to ask all clients and visitors to wear a face mask. This applies even in areas where provincial or territorial requirements differ.
Scent reduced environment
Service Canada promotes a scent reduced work environment and encourages the limited use of scented products in our offices.
Read important public announcement regarding this site. Find out more.
Estimated wait time - updated every business day at 9:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m. (local time).
(Last updated: )
Client demand for passport services is currently high in this area.
Service Canada has added staff, streamlined procedures and increased processing capacity to help deal with this situation.
In this area, Service Canada has implemented new triage measures to provide a more intensive, client-specific approach for Canadians waiting in line for passport services. Staff are focused on clear communication to clients, prioritizing service to those with urgent travel needs within the following 24 to 48 hours. They will also be directing clients with longer term travel plans to the most appropriate service channels.
In the Greater Toronto Area, the triage is separated into three groups:
- Travel within 24 to 48 hours
- Travel within 3 to 45 days
- Travel beyond 45 days (or with no specific travel date)
Travel within 24-48 hours as a priority
For travel within 24-48 hours, clients arriving on site will receive a ticket for service at one of the specialized passport sites in the Greater Toronto Area. Clients are prioritized for service related to their travel date. Proof of travel or need is required.
Please note: offices may adjust intake procedures depending on operational pressures that day.
Travel 3 to 45 days
Clients will be triaged on a first come, first-served basis, after those with urgent travel needs have been served, and as daily office capacity allows. Proof of travel is required for new application and status requests.
Clients that are not travelling urgently but within 45 days may be offered an appointment at a specified Service Canada Centre based on availability of appointments.
Proof of travel is required for new application and status requests.