Benefits of the Record of Employment on the Web
Whether you are a business owner, an accountant, a bookkeeper or a payroll processor, Service Canada encourages you to submit Records of Employment (ROEs) electronically. Record of Employment on the Web (ROE Web) is an efficient, reliable and convenient way to submit ROEs. Filling out an ROE has never been easier!
Save time and increase productivity
- Easily enter the information online.
- Report 53 weeks of payroll data in one location rather than having to attach an extra sheet to a 27-week paper form.
- Submit up to 1,200 electronic ROEs at once using the ROE Web payroll extract.
- Import key ROE information back into your payroll system for easy reference and record keeping.
- Effectively and easily amend ROEs without having to re-enter all the information.
Increase filing flexibility
- When you file your ROEs electronically, you have greater flexibility because your filing deadlines are based on your pay cycle rather than the interruption of earnings itself. In many cases, this means you will have more time to produce your ROEs if you file electronically.
Improve the quality and accuracy of ROEs
- Use the new ROE Web Assistant to guide you in completing, reviewing and submitting your ROEs, making it even easier to file online.
- ROE Web provides pre-filled information, online help and built-in edits to ensure that forms are filled out accurately.
- ROE Web instantly validates ROEs, which means you receive fewer follow-up requests for information from Service Canada.
Reduce paper burden
- Save money in administration, storage and postage.
- Eliminate the need to order and store paper ROE forms, keep paper copies on file, or send copies to Service Canada.
- If you issue electronic ROEs, you no longer need to provide a paper copy to your employees. They do not need to send us a copy of their electronic ROE to submit a claim for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits. See the section, Do I still have to give a copy of electronic ROEs to employees?, for details.
Help your employees get quicker payments
- Issuing electronic ROEs means quicker EI payments for your employees when they need them most. Your employees will not need to send us copies of their paper ROEs when applying for EI. Electronic ROEs are always available online. Employees with a My Service Canada Account can view and print copies of their ROEs.
Note: Record of Employment Secure Automated Transfer (ROE SAT)
If you issue a large number of ROEs each year, or if you are looking for an electronic solution other than ROE Web, learn more about ROE SAT, a system developed by Service Canada to transfer ROE data in bulk form.
- Date modified: