Guaranteed Income Supplement
The Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) provides a monthly non-taxable benefit to low-income Old Age Security (OAS) recipients living in Canada.
Delivered by: Service Canada on behalf of Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC)
Measures introduced in the federal Budget on June 6, 2011 contain an enhancement to the Guaranteed Income Supplement that will help Canada's most vulnerable seniors who rely almost exclusively on their Old Age Security (OAS) pension, GIS, the Allowance (ALW), or the Allowance for the Survivor (ALWS) to make ends meet. Recipients who are eligible will have their monthly benefits automatically adjusted to reflect the change.
- What information/documents do I need to apply?
- What is the status of my application?
- How do I appeal a decision?
- What are the payment rates?
- When will I receive my payment?
- How do I change my address or direct deposit information?
- Can I receive my GIS benefit outside Canada?
- How can I correct inaccurate or incomplete information or provide information not previously disclosed?
- Where can I find information on OAS program legislation, research and reports?
- Where can I find information on Guaranteed Income Supplement in an Aboriginal language?
- Where can I find information on Guaranteed Income Supplement in a foreign language?
- Date modified: