Employment Insurance Maternity and Parental Benefits
Employment Insurance (EI) provides Maternity and Parental Benefits to individuals who are pregnant, have recently given birth, are adopting a child, or are caring for a newborn.
Delivered by: Service Canada on behalf of Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC)
- Am I eligible?
- How do I get benefits if I'm a self-employed person?
- I am a resident of Quebec. How do I apply for benefits from the Quebec Parental Insurance Plan?
- What if my parental leave has been deferred or interrupted because of an imperative military requirement?
- How do I apply?
- What information/documents do I need to apply?
- I have received Employment Insurance before. Can I reactivate my claim?
- What is the status of my application?
- How do I apply for Employment Insurance online?
- What Employment Insurance forms can I view and print?
- How much will I receive?
- When will I receive my payment?
- How long can I receive Maternity Benefits?
- How long can I receive Parental Benefits?
- How do I change my address or direct deposit information?
- Can I receive my Employment Insurance Maternity and Parental Benefits outside Canada?
- How do I make a repayment to the EI program?
- Where can I find information on EI program legislation, research and reports?
- What can I do if I do not agree with an EI decision?
- How can this program help self-employed workers? Consult this example of a self-employed professional consultant.
- Date modified: