With direct deposit, we deposit payments automatically into your bank account.
It's a way to receive your payments without any postal delay. Not only will you receive your payments on time and be able to access them quickly, but you can also be sure they will never be lost, stolen, or damaged.
By April 2016, the Government of Canada will be phasing out cheques in favour of direct deposit for all government payments. You will therefore need to sign up for direct deposit. Given the benefits, why wait?
Sign up for direct deposit now! It's convenient, secure and reliable.
How to apply
Select the program that applies to you:
- Direct deposit for Employment Insurance
- Direct deposit for Canada Pension Plan (including Post-Retirement Benefit) and Old Age Security
- Direct deposit for apprenticeship grants
- Direct deposit for Canada Child Tax Benefit and for Universal Child Care Benefit
- Direct deposit for GST/HST credit
- Direct deposit for other Government of Canada programs and services
- Date modified: