Changing your Address
If you are moving or thinking of moving it is important to ensure that you change your address with the proper authorities. You should notify the federal and your provincial or territorial government to ensure that your benefit payments continue to arrive on time. Service Canada has compiled a checklist to ensure that you contact the right people.
- Contact your provincial or territorial ministry responsible for health.
- Contact the Canada Revenue Agency to change your address.
- Visit your local post office or change your address online with Canada Post.
- Contact your province or territory’s ministry responsible for transportation to change your address if you have any licenced vehicles.
- Change your address with the Employment Insurance program, if applicable, so that you will continue to receive your benefits on time.
- Change your address with the Canada Pension Plan program and/or the Old Age Security program, if applicable, so that you will continue to receive your benefits on time.
- Contact the Canadian Firearms Centre to change your address if you have a firearms licence.
- Contact any other government or local authorities to change your address for any additional licences you may have (e.g., hunting licence).
See all Life Events.
- Date modified: