Canada Pension Plan case studies
Canada’s public pensions are more than just a way to help you save for your retirement. They help in many other life situations as well.
The following case studies show how the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) works to help people just like you.
- Planning early helps in deciding when to retire
- Portability of CPP benefits when changing jobs
- Protection for periods out of work that include staying home to raise children
- Protection for spouses or common-law partners if they divorce or separate
- Protection for a family when a CPP contributor dies
- Date modified: