Universal Child Care Benefit
The Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) program issues a taxable $100 monthly payment to families for each child under the age of six to help cover the cost of child care.
Delivered by: Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) on behalf of Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be the primary caregiver of a child under six years of age on or after 1 July 2006
- be a resident of Canada
Other criteria may apply.
- Families already receiving the Canada Child Tax Benefit will automatically receive the Universal Child Care Benefit.
- Families that do not receive the Canada Child Tax Benefit will be able to apply for the Universal Child Care Benefit by submitting a completed Canada Child Benefits application form to the CRA.
- Persons who apply late may receive up to 11 months of retroactive payments, plus a payment for the month in which the application was received.
Dates and Deadlines
- The UCCB will usually be issued on the 20th of each month, and one week earlier in December.
- Individuals who have not received their UCCB within ten business days following the date of issuance should contact the Canada Revenue Agency.
- The CRA must be notified in the case of a recipient's death. Payments made after the date of the death must be returned to the CRA.
- Date modified: