Universal Child Care Benefit
The Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB) program issues a taxable monthly payment of $160 for each child under the age of six and $60 for each child aged 6 through 17 to help families cover the cost of child care.
For more information and to determine if you need to apply for the enhanced UCCB, visit the Canada Revenue Agency.
Delivered by: Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) on behalf of Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be the primary caregiver of a child under six years of age on or after 1 July 2006
- be a resident of Canada
Other criteria may apply.
- Families already receiving the Canada Child Tax Benefit will automatically receive the Universal Child Care Benefit.
- Families that do not receive the Canada Child Tax Benefit will be able to apply for the Universal Child Care Benefit by submitting a completed Canada Child Benefits application form to the CRA.
- Persons who apply late may receive up to 11 months of retroactive payments, plus a payment for the month in which the application was received.
Dates and Deadlines
- The UCCB will usually be issued on the 20th of each month, and one week earlier in December.
- Individuals who have not received their UCCB within ten business days following the date of issuance should contact the Canada Revenue Agency.
- The CRA must be notified in the case of a recipient's death. Payments made after the date of the death must be returned to the CRA.
- Date modified: