Special Occasion and Congratulatory Messages
You can have Special Occasion and Congratulatory Messages sent on behalf of the Governor General and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to individuals, families and organizations to highlight eligible special milestones and events.
Guidelines for requesting, receiving and publishing messages from the governor general
- Requests must be submitted no later than six weeks prior to the event or printing deadline.
- If you have already submitted a request, please do not send a duplicate by mail, fax or email.
- Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II does not send messages to individuals or organizations marking a milestone occasion.(Please see Birthdays and Anniversaries.)
- A maximum of two (2) messages will be provided to the same organization in a single calendar year.
- Please identify if you require an electronic and/or print version of your message.
- Messages cannot be altered in any way without prior written approval from the Office of the Secretary to the Governor General.
- Messages are written in support of a designated event. They are not intended, nor can they be used, for any other purpose.
- The language of the message must not be changed without permission. Translations into French or English are the responsibility of the Office of the Secretary to the Governor General. Please advise the Correspondence section of any errors or omissions.
- General Inquiries: 1-800-465-6890
- E-mail: email@example.com
- The program also provides information on how to invite the governor general to an event and how to write to the governor general.
- Date modified: