The Odyssey program provides full-time, paid positions for language assistants in rural or semi-urban areas that are generally outside the assistants’ province or territory of permanent residence.
Delivered by: Council of Education Ministers, Canada (CMEC)
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be proficient in oral and written English or French
- be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- have completed (within the last 10 years) at least one year of postsecondary studies or, in Quebec, have at least your diploma of college studies (D.C.S.) or your Quebec university diploma, by June of the coming year.
Other criteria may apply.
- Applications and supporting documents must be submitted to the coordinator in the applicant's province or territory of residence. In Quebec, the application must be sent to the regional office of the Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport.
- Instructions to apply and Application Form.
Dates and Deadlines
- The annual deadline for submitting applications is February 15.
- The program runs from the beginning of September to May 31 each year.
- General inquiries about CMEC: 416-962-8100
Related Programs and Services
- Date modified: