Grant for Students from Low-Income Families
Under this grant, students from low-income families who qualify for a federal student loan and meet the specific grant eligibility requirements will receive $250 per month of study. This grant is available for all years of a university undergraduate, college, or trade school program.
Delivered by: Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
You are eligible if you:
- apply and qualify for a Canada Student Loan
- are from a low-income family as defined by the Canada Student Loans Program
- are pursuing full-time post-secondary studies leading to an undergraduate degree, certificate, or diploma in a program of studies of at least two years' duration at a designated post-secondary institution
When you apply and qualify for a Canada Student Loan in your province or territory of permanent residence, you will automatically be assessed for this grant.
- Eligibility for this grant is determined during the assessment of the student loan process.
- Loan application forms are available from provincial and territorial student financial aid offices in educational institutions.
Canada Student Grants are money that you do not pay back. You may be eligible to receive more than one grant at the same time. For more information visit CanLearn.ca.
- Date modified: