Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities
Under this grant, students with permanent disabilities may receive $2,000 per academic year to help cover the costs of accommodation, tuition, and books.
Delivered by: Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
You are eligible if you:
- apply and qualify for a Canada Student Loan
- attend a designated post-secondary institution on a part-time or full-time basis; and
- meet the criteria for students with permanent disabilities (You must be able to provide proof of your disability in the form of a medical certificate, a psycho-educational assessment, or documentation proving receipt of federal or provincial disability assistance, as outlined in the Canada Student Financial Assistance Regulations)
IMPORTANT: To ensure you meet all the application requirements for this grant, please contact your provincial or territorial student financial assistance office. The application process differs depending on the province or territory.
- When you apply for a Canada Student Loan in your province or territory of permanent residence, you will also have to provide proof of your disability in the form of a medical certificate, a psycho-educational assessment, or documentation proving receipt of federal or provincial disability assistance. If you qualify for a Canada Student Loan you will automatically be assessed for the grant. Elgibility for this grant is determined during the assessment of the student loan process.
- Loan application forms are available from provincial and territorial student financial aid offices in educational institutions.
Canada Student Grants are money that you do not pay back. You may be eligible to receive more than one grant at the same time. For more information visit CanLearn.ca.
- Date modified: