Federal Excise Gasoline Tax Refund Program
The Federal Excise Gasoline Tax Refund Program refunds a portion of the federal excise tax on gasoline bought for use by eligible persons or organizations.
Delivered by: Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
Individuals must meet the following criteria:
- be certified by a medical practitioner as suffering from a permanent mobility impairment that renders the use of public transportation hazardous
Other criteria may apply.
Dates and Deadlines
- Refund requests can be made up to two years after the gasoline was purchased.
- Contact the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Organizations who apply must be registered charities or registered amateur sports organizations.
- The refund does not apply to gasoline bought for personal use (except for persons with a permanent mobility impairment), or to the purchase of propane, or diesel, heating or aviation fuel.
- Date modified: