Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
The Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP) helps match students with federal departments and agencies for temporary jobs by maintaining a national inventory of students seeking employment within the federal public service.
Delivered by: Public Service Commission of Canada (PSC)
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- be a full-time secondary or post-secondary student in a recognized educational institution
- be a part-time secondary or post-secondary student recognized by the institution as having a disability
- be an adult student participating in education and retraining programs at the secondary level
- be returning to full-time studies in the next academic session
- be at least the minimum age to work in the province or territory where the job is being offered
Other criteria may apply.
Dates and Deadlines
- Applications for registration in the inventory can be submitted online throughout the year.
- Some departments and agencies advertise closing dates for certain job postings.
- General Inquiries: 1-888-780-4444
- TTY: 1-800-532-9397
- Students in their final year of academic studies who do not intend to return to full-time studies are only eligible to work part-time until the completion of their last academic term.
Related Programs and Services
- Date modified: