Canada Student Loans Program
The Canada Student Loans Program provides financial assistance in the form of loans and grants to post-secondary students who demonstrate financial need.
Delivered by: Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
- Students must first apply for a provincial or territorial student loan. Students are automatically considered for a Canada Student Loan when they apply for a provincial or territorial student loan.
- Loan application forms are available from provincial and territorial student assistance offices and at financial aid offices in educational institutions.
- Students must apply every year in order to receive funding.
- Students must give loan providers proof of enrolment within six months of finishing their last study period in order to maintain interest-free status while studying. Confirmation of Enrolment forms are issued by educational institutions.
- The governments of the Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Quebec do not participate in the Canada Student Loans Program but offer their own financial assistance programs for students.
- Additional information is available from the National Student Loans Service Centre.
- The Canada Revenue Agency is responsible for the collection of repayments for defaulted Canada Student Loans.
- Date modified: