Canada Learning Bond
The Canada Learning Bond (CLB) is $500 offered by the Government of Canada to help start saving now for your child’s education after high school.
Plus, your child could get $100 every year until the child turns 15 years old to a maximum of $2,000!
- The child's family must receive the National Child Benefit Supplement.
Children must meet the following criteria:
- have been born after December 31, 2003
- have a birth certificate
- have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- be a beneficiary under an RESP
- reside in Canada
Other criteria may apply.
- Visit the CanLearn website to get more details on CESG.
- Information on RESPs and CLB application procedures is available from banks, mutual fund and brokerage companies, insurance and trust companies, companies and foundations that specialize in education savings plans, and other financial institutions.
- The children qualify for $100 Bond instalments until age 15 for each year their family is entitled to the Supplement.
- The Bond is paid into an RESP established by the family.
- The first Canada Learning Bond payment includes an additional $25 to help cover the cost of opening the RESP account.
- General Inquiries: 1-888-276-3624
- TTY: 1-866-260-7723
- Date modified: