Who can certify my identity documents?
Only people who hold the following positions can certify copies of your identity documents for the Common Experience Payment application:
- Chief or Councillor of First Nations Band Council
- Council members of the Métis Settlements General Council, and members of the Saskatchewan Provincial Métis Council
- Executive Officer of Nunavut Tunngavik Inc.
- Executive Officer of Inuvialuit Regional Corporation and of the six (6) Inuvialuit Community Corporations (Northwest Territories)
- Executive Officer Makivik (northern Quebec)
- Lawyer (member of a provincial bar association)
- Notary in Quebec
- Medical doctor
- Minister of religion authorized under provincial law to perform marriages
- Notary public
- Police officer (municipal, provincial, or RCMP)
- Principal of a primary or secondary school
- Professional accountant (APA, CA, CGA, CMA, PA, RPA)
- Professional engineer (P.Eng., Eng. in Quebec)
- Senior administrator in a community college (includes CEGEPs)
- Senior administrator or teacher in a university
- Social worker with MSW (Masters in Social Work)
Note: You cannot certify copies of your own identity documents. Service Canada employees cannot certify identity documents.
- Date modified: