CANPASS - Private Boats
The CANPASS - Private Boats program allows CANPASS permit holders who wish to enter Canada aboard private boats from the United States to receive pre-authorized customs clearance.
Delivered by: Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be citizens or permanent residents of Canada, or citizens or resident aliens of the United States
- have no criminal record (or have been granted a record suspension, formerly known as a pardon)
- have had no record of a customs seizure within the past five years
- have never been charged with a violation of customs or immigration legislation
- be admissible to Canada under immigration laws
Other criteria may apply.
- Completed application forms must be submitted to a CANPASS – Private Boats customs processing centre and must include the non-refundable fee as well as photocopies of an official proof of citizenship or permanent residence.
- Application Form
- There is a $40 fee for each applicant 18 years of age or older.
- There is a fee of $25 for each application for a temporary authorization to accompany a CANPASS membership cardholder.
- General Inquiries: 1 888 CANPASS (1-888-226-7277) (Reporting of arrival)
- General Inquiries: 1-800-461-9999 (Border Information Service)
- TTY: 1-800-665-0354
- The boat operator may call CANPASS up to four hours prior to arrival in Canada and must provide details regarding the trip, the passengers, the crew and the boat.
- CANPASS permits are valid for five years and are not transferable.
- All travellers aboard the boat, including the crew, have to be the CANPASS program members.
- Date modified: