Apprenticeship Incentive Grant - Frequently Asked Questions
- I am currently a high school student. Am I eligible for the AIG?
- I am currently registered in a pre-apprenticeship program at my high school. Am I eligible for the AIG?
- Am I eligible for more than one AIG?
- Is there a deadline to apply?
- What should I do if I cannot submit my supporting document before the June 30th deadline?
- Am I still eligible if I have received an incomplete application notification because I did not submit my supporting documents?
- I need help completing my application.
- Do I need to complete a separate application form for each year/level (or equivalent)?
- How long will it take to process my Apprenticeship Incentive Grant application?
- Why apply online?
- I'm a Quebec apprentice registered with the Commission de la Construction du Québec. What is the difference between the terms "level" and "period"?
Supporting document information
- What supporting documents do I need to submit for proof of Registration and proof of progression for the Apprenticeship Incentive Grant?
- How do I submit my documents?
- What happens if I don't submit the required supporting documents?
- I am a Permanent Resident, what supporting document do I need to provide as proof of status in Canada?
- I am a Protected Person, what supporting document do I need to provide as proof of status in Canada?
- Am I eligible for Employment Insurance benefits as an apprentice?
- Will the Apprenticeship Incentive Grant affect my Employment Insurance benefits?
- How do I get my tax information slip (T4A) for the Apprenticeship Incentive Grant?
- Can my grant be affected by a Family Order Agreement?
- What is a Family Order Agreement?
- What is a garnishment?
- If Service Canada is now accepting the Confirmation of In-School Training letter for Ontario apprentices, are transcripts/letters from training institutions still accepted?
- I'm an Ontario apprentice and I've already applied for the AIG but have recently received a Confirmation of In-School Training letter. What does this mean?
- I'm an Ontario apprentice and am not able to provide the official Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) Confirmation of In-School Training letter. What other document can I submit as proof of technical training?
- I am in a modified apprenticeship program (MAP) in Ontario. What do I need to apply for the grant?
- Date modified: