Apprenticeship Incentive Grant - FAQ - Supporting Documents

What supporting documents do I need to submit for proof of Registration and proof of progression for the Apprenticeship Incentive Grant?

See a complete list of supporting documents for the AIG.

How do I submit my documents?

1. By mail:

Apprentices registered in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, and Yukon:

Alberta – AIG Western Processing Centre
Calgary South Service Canada Centre
100-6712 Fisher Street SE
Calgary AB  T2H 2A7

Apprentices registered in New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia:

New Brunswick – AIG Eastern Processing Centre
Miramichi Service Canada Centre
139 Douglastown Blvd
Miramichi, NB E1V 0A4

Apprentices registered in Quebec:

Quebec – AIG Processing Centre
Service Canada Centre
PO Box 10800, STN. Ste-Foy
Québec, QC G1V 5B4

2. In person at a Service Canada Centre near you: A Citizen Service Officer will assist you and ensure your documents are mailed to the appropriate Processing Centre.

What happens if I don't submit the required supporting documents?

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 28 days after you complete your online application, we will return your application to you. You will need to re-apply to be considered for the grant.

I am a Permanent Resident, what supporting document do I need to provide as proof of status in Canada?

A Permanent Resident with a 900 series Social Insurance number must provide a copy of their Permanent Resident card issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

I am a Protected Person, what supporting document do I need to provide as proof of status in Canada?

A Protected Person is someone who has reason to fear persecution in his or her country of origin due to race, religion, nationality, membership in a social group or political opinion. A protected person must provide a copy of their status document (IMM 5292) issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) (valid only until their expiry date), OR a decision letter (Notice of Decision) from the Immigration and Refugee Board, OR a Verification of Status document from CIC as proof of status.