How to Apply for the Apprenticeship Incentive Grant
We recommend you apply online for the Apprenticeship Incentive Grant (AIG). It's easy and secure. The online application takes about 30 minutes.
Being prepared will make applying easier. Please review the application checklist.
- I am eligible.
- I am applying within the deadline.
- I have checked the table of required supporting documents and am able to provide the following documents:
- Proof of registration in a designated Red Seal trade program as defined by the province or territory in which I am registered as an apprentice
- Proof of progression in the apprenticeship program for the year/level (or equivalent) for which I am applying
- For permanent residents and protected persons: status documents from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- I have the following information:
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Provincial apprentice ID number
- Name and phone number of your financial institution, and a void cheque (if you would like the grant to be deposited directly into your bank account)
- For Ontario applicants only: complete information about your on-the-job training employer (company name, contact person, mailing address, phone number, and location-of-work address) and training institution (name, program/course, and completion date)
If you have not received the required supporting documents, contact your provincial or territorial apprenticeship authority.
Another option is to request an application form by calling the Apprenticeship Grants toll-free number:
Note: Paper application forms must be completed in pen. Applications completed in pencil will not be processed.
An online or paper application must be submitted on or before June 30th of the calendar year following the date you progressed in your apprenticeship program. Service Canada will honour the date of your online application or the postmark date on your mailed application.
- Date modified: