Apprenticeship Completion Grant - Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I eligible for more than one Apprenticeship Completion Grant?
- I am currently a high school student. Am I eligible for the ACG?
- I am a trade qualifier. Why am I not eligible?
- Do I need a Red Seal to be eligible for the ACG?
- I have just completed the final year of a two-year apprenticeship program in a designated Red Seal trade (for example, hairstylist). Am I eligible for both the second-level AIG and the ACG?
- Do I have to receive the AIG in order to be eligible for the ACG?
- As I am an Ontario apprentice, I am not eligible for the second level of the AIG because I am not registered for more than 24 months. However, I have completed my apprenticeship program and received my Certificate of Apprenticeship. Am I eligible for the ACG?
- Is there a deadline to apply?
- What should I do, if I cannot submit my supporting document before the June 30th deadline?
- Am I still eligible if I have received an incomplete application notification because I did not submit my supporting documents?
- I need help completing my application.
- How long will it take to process my Apprenticeship Completion Grant application?
- Why apply online?
Supporting document information
- What supporting documents do I need to submit for proof of journeyperson certification for the Apprenticeship Completion Grant?
- How do I submit my documents?
- What happens if I don't submit the required supporting documents?
- Is my Certificate of Qualification for ‘Journeyperson Candidates Class’ issued by the Ontario College of Trades acceptable proof of completion for the Apprenticeship Completion grant (ACG)?
- I am a Permanent Resident, what supporting document do I need to provide as proof of status in Canada?
- I am a Protected Person, what supporting document do I need to provide as proof of status in Canada?
- Am I eligible for Employment Insurance benefits as an apprentice?
- Will the Apprenticeship Completion Grant affect my Employment Insurance benefits?
- How do I get my tax information slip (T4A) for the Apprenticeship Completion Grant?
- Can my grant be affected by a Family Order Agreement?
- What is a Family Order Agreement?
- What is a garnishment?
- Date modified: