How to Apply for the Apprenticeship Completion Grant
We recommend you apply online for the Apprenticeship Completion Grant (ACG). It's easy and secure. The online application takes about 30 minutes.
Being prepared will make applying easier. Please review the application checklist.
- I am eligible.
- I am applying within the deadline.
- I have checked the table of required supporting documents and am able to provide the following documents:
- Proof of completion of an apprenticeship program in a designated Red Seal trade in my province or territory
- Proof of journeyperson certification in a designated Red Seal trade received on or after January 1, 2009
- For permanent residents and protected persons: status documents from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- I have the following information:
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Provincial apprentice ID number
- Name and phone number of your financial institution, and a void cheque (if you would like the grant to be deposited directly into your bank account)
If you have not received the required supporting documents, contact your provincial or territorial apprenticeship authority.
Another option is to request an application form by calling the Apprenticeship Grants toll-free number:
Note: Paper application forms must be completed in pen. Applications completed in pencil will not be processed.
An online or paper application must be submitted on or before June 30th of the calendar year following the date you completed your apprenticeship program and became certified in your trade. Service Canada will honour the date of your online application or the postmark date on your mailed application.
- Date modified: