Hire a Student!

Lighten your workload this summer. Let us help you hire a student!

Under the Summer Work Experience program, Service Canada and partner departments offer several initiatives to help you fill your summer positions.

Employers looking to post a student job advertisement can visit jobbank.gc.ca. Youth can find information on jobs, careers, and career planning by visiting Youth.gc.ca, by calling 1 800 O-Canada, or by going to any Service Canada Centre.  We also provide employers with information on wage rates and employment standards as well as information on Government of Canada and provincial/territorial employment initiatives.

Canada Summer Jobs

Canada Summer Jobs is a Government of Canada initiative. It provides funding for not-for-profit organizations, public-sector employers, and small businesses with 50 or fewer employees to create summer work experiences for students between the ages of 15 and 30.

Canada Summer Jobs is about:

  • providing work experiences for students;
  • supporting organizations, including those that provide important community services; and
  • recognizing that local circumstances, community needs, and priorities vary widely.

The application period for 2015 was from December 1, 2014 to January 30, 2015.

For more information on the Canada Summer Jobs initiative:

Click Canada Summer Jobs

Call 1-800-935-5555 (TTY: 1-800-926-9105)

Visit a Service Canada Office

Other opportunities for employers to hire youth this summer

Canadian Heritage’s Young Canada Works (YCW) sponsors three summer job programs: YCW for Aboriginal Urban Youth, YCW in Heritage Organizations, and YCW in Both Official Languages. For more information, call 1-800-935-5555 (TTY: 1-800-926-9105), visit the Young Canada Works website, or e-mail.

Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada provides funding through the First Nations and Inuit Youth Work Experience Program for secondary and post-secondary students.  For more information, we invite you to contact your local First Nation administration, hamlet office, regional management organization, or Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada regional office,or visit the First Nations and Inuit Youth Employment Strategy website.