Career Focus - Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Career Focus?
The program provides funding for employers and organizations to design and deliver a range of activities that enable youth make more informed career decisions, develop their skills and benefit from work experiences.
2. What is the objective of the program?
The program seeks to increase the supply of highly qualified people by presenting youth with the benefits of advanced studies, helping them gain the skills required to meet the needs of our economy and facilitate their transition into the labour market.
3. Who can participate in the program activities being offered by the different organizations?
Participants are recruited by the funding recipients.
To participate in Career Focus, youth must be:
- be between the ages of 15 and 30 (inclusive);
- be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada;
- be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations; and
- not be in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits.
4. Who can receive funding under the program?
Eligible applicants include:
- organizations (not-for-profit and for-profit)
- municipal governments
- Aboriginal organizations (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities)
- provincial and territorial governments, institutions, agencies and Crown Corporations
5. How can organizations apply to the program?
Applications for funding are accepted both on an ongoing basis and through calls for proposals (CFPs). Employers and organizations must contact their local or regional Service Canada Office to find out more about the regional intake process and where to send their application. Application details pertaining to National calls for proposals will be posted on the Employment and Social Development Canada Funding Programs Web page.
6. What is the maximum duration of a Career Focus project?
Career Focus allows for agreements of up to three years in duration.
7. What documents are needed in order to apply?
- Date modified: