Internet Reporting service online and Direct Deposit
Table of contents
- What is the Internet Reporting Service?
- What are the advantages of using the Internet Reporting Service and Direct Deposit
- How the Internet Reporting Service works?
- What you need to know if you worked?
- Other information that you may need when completing your report by Internet
- If you are not yet receiving your EI payment by Direct Deposit
What is the Internet Reporting Service?
The Internet Reporting Service is an electronic service that allows you to submit your report using the Internet instead of a telephone with touch-toneTM service. When you complete your report by Internet your payment is deposited directly to your bank account, with Direct Deposit.
Our Internet Reporting Service is available throughout Canada and can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Although our Internet Reporting Service is available to accept your report on Friday morning for weekend reporting, reports submitted on Friday are not processed until Sunday afternoon. Whether you complete your report on Friday, Saturday or on Sunday before 3:00 pm, your report will be processed Sunday afternoon.
If you submit your report between Monday and Thursday your payment is deposited to your bank account 2 business days after processing your report.
What are the advantages of using the Internet Reporting Service and Direct Deposit
The Internet Reporting Service and Direct Deposit provide you with faster and more efficient services.
The advantages are:
- Faster processing of your EI payment
- Service is available for the hearing impaired and if you don't have access to a telephone with touch-toneTM service
- Elimination of delays and mailing costs
- Fast, convenient, simple and secure
How the Internet Reporting Service works
- Shortly after filing your EI application, you will receive step-by-step instructions in the mail.
- Your Access Code combined with your Social Insurance Number (SIN) is your electronic signature making you responsible for the information provided.
- You will be asked to answer a series of questions about your employment status.
- The reporting service online will tell you when your report is due.
When your report is due
- Go to Internet Reporting Service.
- Enter your SIN, Access code and select the province were you live.
- Follow the instructions as the system guides you through the questions to complete your report online.
- The Internet reporting service will ask you to confirm your answers.
- The successful submission of your report will be confirmed with this message: "This will confirm that your report for the period ending Saturday — Month, Day, Year — has been successfully received. You do not need to contact us to check that we have received your report". At the same time you will also be given the date that your next report is due. Write this date on a calendar as you will not be able to submit your report online before this date.
It is important to submit your reports as soon as they are due to ensure prompt payment of benefits. Delaying in submitting your report beyond 3 weeks of the date your report is due may result in the loss of benefits.
What you need to know if you worked
If you worked or earned wages including self-employment, you will be asked if you started a full-time job and the exact date you started. You will also be asked to provide the hours worked and total earnings before deductions, including tips and commissions, for each week, as well as the area code and phone number for each employer.
1. Hours worked each calendar week of the report. Do not enter partial hours.
38 hours 15 minutes = 38
38 hours 45 minutes = 38
2. Your total gross earning (before deductions) for each calendar week, rounded to the nearest dollar.
If you earned $125.49, enter 125
If you earned $125.50, enter 126
3. The ten digit phone number of each employer for whom you worked during the reporting period. This is the area code and phone number. Do not enter "1" before the area code.
Other information that you will need when completing your report online
You will also be asked the following information when completing your report:
- If you attended school or training, you will need to provide the total number of hours attended and any training allowance you received for each week. Do not include allowances for living away from home, commuting, travel or for dependent care. Do not report partial hours, report only full hours.
- If you were ready, willing and capable of working: If you answer «no», for reasons such as sickness, maternity or parental leave, vacation, or being outside Canada, you may be asked a series of questions related to determine the number of days, the reason and if you received moneys from a wage-loss insurance plan or paid sick leave.
- If you received or will receive any other moneys: If you answer «yes», you may be asked additional questions to determine if the moneys are, for example vacation pay and pension income.
If more information is needed to complete your report by Internet you will be asked to call 1 800 206-7218 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm to speak to an agent to finalize your report.
Remember, you must report all of your earnings in the weeks in which they were worked to avoid a repayment situation. If you find that you made a mistake after you have completed your report online, call our Telephone Information Service at 1 800 206-7218 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. An agent is available to help you.
If you are not yet receiving your EI payment by Direct Deposit
To apply for Direct Deposit we will need your complete bank account information as shown on your cheque or bank statement. Once you have this information:
- Go to My Service Canada Account. After you login to My Service Canada Account, select “View / change my direct deposit” to complete the direct deposit information required; or
- Call our telephone information service at 1 800 206-7218, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, and choose the option "0". A representative will then ask you to provide your bank account information; or
- Visit your Service Canada Centre to apply for Direct Deposit and provide the required information.
Don't forget, if your bank account information changes or if you move, it is important that you let us know as soon as possible.
- Date modified: