Contact Us

Service Canada wants to help you find the information you need for the services you want. You may be able to find the information you are looking for by following one of the links below:

Enquiries on Services and Programs

If you have questions about a specific service, please use the links and the contact information below. If you cannot find the service or program you are looking for, please visit the General Enquiries section.

General Enquiries

You can contact Service Canada for general enquiries in any one of the following ways:

To reach other government offices, visit the Contact Your Government page of the Government of Canada website.

If you have a complaint about Service Canada that cannot be resolved at the local level, a suggestion on how Service Canada could improve its service, or some positive feedback, you can share your feedback with the Office for Client Satisfaction (OCS).

Apprenticeship Grants

You can contact the Apprenticeship Grants in person.

Toll-free: 1-866-742-3644


Canada Pension Plan (CPP)

Retirement Pension, Disability Benefits, Death Benefit, Children's Benefits, Survivor's Pension

Toll-Free: 1-800-277-9914

TTY: 1-800-255-4786

Callers outside Canada and the United States can call collect: 613-957-1954, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.

Employer Contact Centre

Record of Employment (advice, guidance, paper ROE orders), ROE Web and Grants and Contributions Online Services (technical support), Report on Hirings, Work-sharing, Automated Earnings Reporting System (Data Gateway support), and Temporary Foreign Worker Program (excluding the Seasonal Agricultural Workers Program and jobs in Quebec, but including Live-In Caregivers in Quebec).

Toll-free within Canada and the United States: 1-800-367-5693

TTY: 1-855-881-9874

The Employer Contact Centre is available Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Eastern Time.

(Callers outside Canada and the United States can call collect: 506-546-7569, Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern Time.)

Employment Insurance (EI)

Regular Benefits, Maternity and Parental Benefits, Sickness Benefits, Compassionate Care Benefits, Fishing Benefits, Workers and/or Residents Outside Canada, Family Supplement

Toll-Free: 1-800-206-7218

TTY: 1-800-529-3742

If you have documents to add to your EI Claim please send it to your nearest Service Canada Office.

Old Age Security (OAS)

Old Age Security Pension, Allowance Program, Allowance for the Survivor, Guaranteed Income Supplement

Toll-Free: 1-800-277-9914

TTY: 1-800-255-4786

Callers outside Canada and the United States can call collect: 613-957-1954, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time.

Parents of Murdered or Missing Children - Federal Income Support

This grant is available to eligible parents who have lost income from taking time away from work to cope with the death or disappearance of their child as a result of a probable Criminal Code offence.

Toll-Free: 1 800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232)

TTY: 1 800-926-9105


Toll-Free: 1-800-567-6868

TTY: 1-866-255-7655

Social Insurance Number (SIN)

Toll-Free: 1-800-206-7218 (select option "3")

TTY: 1 800-926-9105

Training and Employment

Job Creation Partnerships, Skills Development, Self-Employment, Targeted Wage Subsidies, Youth Employment Strategy

You can contact Employment Programs in person.


Trustees are asked to contact a Regional EI Coordinators for Trustees prior to releasing any dividend.

Wage Earner Protection Program (WEPP)

Toll-Free: 1-866-683-6516

TTY: 1-800-926-9105

General Enquiries


Telephone: 1 800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232)

TTY: 1-800-926-9105

Users in Canada can call toll-free from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., local time. Information officers offer services in English and in French.

For callers outside Canada, calling 1 800 O-Canada from abroad is also possible.

Media Enquiries

Contact us for media enquiries or to set up an interview.