Job Bank: Helping You Find a Job
January 2009 / janvier 2009
What is Job Bank?
Job Bank (www.jobbank.gc.ca) is Canada's one-stop website for finding a job. Each year, we help hundreds of thousands of workers find jobs, free of charge. It is the largest online listing of job opportunities posted in both English and French in the country, and is one of the most popular job-finding websites in Canada. If you are looking for a job, you can view up to 2,500 new job opportunities every day, and you can browse through as many as 50,000 job postings 24 hours a day, any day of the week.
What does Job Bank offer?
Job Bank features innovative online tools that will help you find a job. Our Job Search tool lets you search current job openings from coast to coast to coast. You can also register with Job Bank to use the following tools:
- Using Job Match, you can advertise your job profile to employers and receive a list of matching jobs.
- With Job Alert, you can receive by e-mail a list of job openings that match your search criteria.
- Resume Builder can help you create and save up to five individual résumés using a choice of layouts and résumé writing tips.
- With Career Navigator, you can access a navigator tool that helps you make career decisions.
- The Training and Careers tool will help you identify career options that best suit your interests, strengths, and skills.
In addition to these features, Job Bank also provides links to other government websites that could potentially help you find work.
Where can I find more job information?
For more information
For more information on Job Bank in English and French, contact us:
- 1 800 O–Canada (1–800–622–6232)
- TTY: 1–800–926–9105
- a Service Canada Centre
- Date modified: